Thursday, January 19, 2017

Vedanta philosophy - - when to use?

Vedanta says God is everywhere.  Everything is God.  In fact this world does not exist.  Everything is just a like a dream.  A dreamer dreams and he sees many oceans,  rivers etc but entire universe is with in the dreamer.  Entire universe in his dream exists purely because of the dreamer.  If dreamer stops dreaming entire universe collapse.  Similarly  this universe is just a like a dream with certain rules.  Everyone has equal powers.  Everyone wants to be God or wants everything. More power, more love, more money,  more recognition etc.  Because the dreamer (God) has these qualities and so everyone wants to do that.  But where the failure is people are in limited boundaries. Their  thoughts are limited to a particular boundaries.  Like his parents,  family or relations. There is inner power in everyone.  That power comes out when the thoughts are not bounded with the bodily consciousness.  People cry when things are not their control and feel happy when everything goes according to their wish.  But when we come out from that and start watching these as a spectator rather than experiencing, then there is no worry anymore. 
Vedantic philosophy provides a way to implement this idea in our lives.  It says everything in this universe like people,  things,  earth,  sky,  water, anything is I.  So think that I am sitting on my self.  I am talking to my self.  I want myself.  I want to remove my self from me.  I want to add myself to me.  Like I love a girl,  means I love myself.  I hate someone. Means I hate myself.  Thinking this way our chitta(hard disk of memory about negative or positive in the past) gets deleted.  Then all suffering goes away. 
But we should be careful while implementing this philosophy. Because it may turn a negative person to be more negative. He may kill some one and says that person is also me.  Or rapes someone and says it is also me.  This is where we should be very careful while implementing this philosophy.  Just think is there any one who wants to hurt himself? Like his hand did a mistake,  is he ready to chop off his hand? No.  Then when everything is part of him, how can he hurt someone with words or thoughts or actions? If he is still hurting then it means he is just saying the words but not experiencing it.  Everyone who are well versed with this philosophy utilize for their personal benefits.  But they are not actually experiencing it.
How can we experience this philosophy? First we should start at mental level.  Do we have problems in life? Are we suffering?  What are the thoughts haunting us?  Are they negative or positive? All these thoughts are simply related to past and related to people.  So we should start converting all these incidents or thoughts or people to one single person I.  Suppose some one scolded me or deceived me.  Then I should start thinking that the deceiver is also I and there is no difference between the the two.  This way we should start doing this activity on daily basis.
We can start first with the most haunting thoughts or negative thoughts.  Either can be past or future.  Later slowly expanding ourselves to new dimension of reacting. Like I love myself even though I hurt many people in the past for my pleasure. Because I am identifying myself as this body.  So if I expand the same I self to other people.  Then I will start loving them even when they hurt me most.  This is the Vedantic philosophy which is highest and toughest among all.

No comments:

Post a Comment